I enjoyed this recipe for keto flatbread by Heavenly Fan.
She mentions that this recipe is also vegan…but it works perfectly well for both a traditional keto/low carb diet as well as vegan keto.
This recipe looks simple enough and a great substitute for store-bought, higher-carb flatbread or tortillas purchased at the grocery store.
If you like the idea of using low-carb wraps in place of traditional bread for sandwiches, then this low-carb keto flatbread recipe might just be the answer you’re looking for!
Here are some combinations you might want to try as a wrap sandwich:
- Ham and Swiss cheese, romaine lettuce leaves with mayo and dijon mustard.
- Pepper Steak – chopped steak sauteed with diced mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, bell pepper. Add cream cheese and provolone cheese while still hot so they melt. Sprinkle with plenty of black pepper.
- Meatball Sub – Make your own keto meatballs then simmer in sugar-free spaghetti sauce. Fill flatbread with this mixture then top with shredded mozzarella and a sprinkle of Parmesan.
- Chicken or Tuna Salad – Mix canned chunk chicken or tuna with mayo, dill pickle relish, salt and pepper. Fill wrap and add lettuce leaves or other vegies if you desire.
- Egg Salad – Hard boil eggs then mash with mayo, salt and pepper and fill wrap. *Secret Flavor Enhancer? Add a touch of smoked paprika! Chopped celery might also be nice with this, or lettuce of your choice.
- Bruschetta Style – Layer slices of mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil leaves then drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Minced garlic would be a delicious touch!
- How about a SWEET version???
- Try filling the wrap with this recipe for THICK AND RICH KETO WHIPPED CREAM in either chocolate or vanilla version. Try various flavors of liquid stevia drops for lots of variety!
- Another Sweet Option – Soften some cream cheese then add some sugar-free jello powder and mash it together. Fill wrap. Garnish with whipped cream and 85% dark chocolate shavings!
- The possibilities are practically endless!
Only 1g carbs per flatbread! That really offers some great meal options that many don’t consider when thinking about following a keto lifestyle!
If you try making these low-carb wraps yourself, please do let me know how they turn out for you!