It’s time to indulge in a creamy, velvety, and rich dessert. But don’t worry, you won’t have to feel guilty after trying this recipe. In fact, your taste buds will love you! This Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse is another delicious way to get your ketones. Not to mention, you’ll also get more healthy fats and nutrients compared to traditional mousse recipes.
(*Pssst – You’re going to be SHOCKED by some of the ingredients! Shocked, I tell you!)
The Not-So-Secret Superfood
Those of us on a ketogenic diet love our fats. Of course, we always try to include the healthiest fats we can, so it’s no surprise one of the smartest fat fuels around has been included in this recipe.
The avocado, along with its buttery and nutty flavor and creamy texture, boasts amazing nutritional benefits. One of them being that it is a low-carb friendly plant food with an abundance of 20 different vitamins and minerals! WOW! The nutrient-dense avocado can help increase the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients, like Vitamin A, which is involved in immune, vision, and cellular functions.
Additionally, avocados are low in saturated fats and high in monounsaturated fatty acids. The majority of fat in avocados is oleic acid, which contributes to a reduction in blood sugar spikes, reduced risks of many diseases, and aids in weight loss.
All good news!
Other Avocado Benefits Include:
- High amounts of fiber
- It regulates blood sugar
- Helps fight free radicals
- Does not contain any cholesterol or sodium (woot!)
- Has high potassium content (more than a banana…who knew?!?)
- Promotes gut health
- Promotes eye health
Also, the avocado is an Aztec symbol of love and fertility. Did you know that an avocado tree needs another avocado tree nearby to bear fruit? And when it does, the avocados grow in pairs! Wow! Is that not the coolest thing ever!?!
Easy Keto Chocolate Mousse
Want a great way to sneak exogenous ketones into your diet? Try adding them to a dessert! With this Easy Keto Chocolate mousse recipe it’s very doble! You even get the added bonus of healthy fats and nutrients!
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen cauliflower (WHAT?!?)
- 1/2 medium, ripe avocado
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, full fat, canned coconut milk
- 2 scoops Chocolate Exogenous Ketones
- 2 scoops Collagen Peptides (optional – use unflavored or if using vanilla flavor omit vanilla extract below)
- 2 tbsp monk fruit sweetener
- 2 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, more to taste
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon, more to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in your blender
- Blend until smooth
- You will have a cool, dark, smooth chocolate mousse to enjoy!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.